Wiki 2016 study guide error

johnpiaskowski

Contributor
Best answers
This may seem a little late, but I was reviewing for the 2018 CCVTC with the 2016 version of the study guide (I bought it years ago with intent on taking test sooner). I noticed a mistake with the case regarding mitral valve reconstruction. The answer given for the question regarding CPT code selection clearly is incorrect. I was wondering if this was corrected in later editions and/or is this something I should pay attention to on the exam (as the authors of the exam wrote the study guide).

Study guide errors

This may seem a little late, but I was reviewing for the 2018 CCVTC with the 2016 version of the study guide (I bought it years ago with intent on taking test sooner). I noticed a mistake with the case regarding mitral valve reconstruction. The answer given for the question regarding CPT code selection clearly is incorrect. I was wondering if this was corrected in later editions and/or is this something I should pay attention to on the exam (as the authors of the exam wrote the study guide).

I can't specifically answer your question regarding the CCVTC study guide but I would say that I bought the recently released CDEO study guide and I have discovered 3 errors in the practice test questions.

I did contact AAPC and they acknowledged the errors and were very grateful I had pointed them out. With that in mind it is entirely possible there are errors in some study guides. As you say, it is particularly concerning regarding the actual exam.

Thank you. I will send them an email. If I see that question on the exam, I will make a comment on the comment section of the test answer sheet to have them reseaech that question.