Wiki 2021 EM CHANGES TO DATA COUNTING

Best answers
So I am getting conflicting information. HELP preferably with links please.
If you order a test in house, ekg, rapid strep, spiro and bill it you are getting credit for TC and 26 Professional component to read it.

Can You count a data point for the order of this test?

AMA has clarified that separately billable testing performed in house are not countable towards data. It is considered "double dipping". They state this in their webinars. You can visit ama-assn.org/cpt-office-visits

I agree with the above answer. You only count the data point if you are not billing for the actual test.
If you want another reference, from https://codingintel.com/changes-to-history-and-exam-element-requirements-for-em-services/
Question: If I order and bill for a quick strep test in my office, do I count the order, the review or both?
Answer: Neither. The AMA has confirmed that if you bill for the lab test, you don’t count it as ordered or reviewed.

The actual performance and/or interpretation of diagnostic tests/studies during a patient encounter are not included in determining the levels of E/M services when reported separately.
The intent of the AMA was not to allow MDM credit for tests that are separately reported by the physician/medical practice. That is, if you bill for the test