25609 help

shellip

Networker
Best answers
Once more, I need help from you guys. My physician has given me a CPT code for a surgery, and I am not certain this is correct. Could someone share insight?

.....An incision was created over the volar and radial aspect of the right wrist. It was carried down throught the subcutaneous tissues bluntly. Flexor carpi radialis tendon sheath was opened volarly. Dissection was carried through the dorsal aspect of the flexor carpi radialis tendon sheath. Subperiosteal dissection of the right distal radius was undertaken after elevation of the pronator muscle. Open reduction maneuver was carried out. Fluroscopic visualization confirmed appropriated fracture reduction. A right three-hole volar plate was placed over the volar aspect of the distal right radius. A fracture was fixed and placed with multiple 2.7 mm self-locking screws and multiple 2.7 mm cortical screws in a distal to proximal direction. Fluroscopic visualization from appropriate fracture reduction, appropriate hardware placement. The wound was copiously irrigated. Flexor carpi tendon sheath was reapproximated with 2-0 running Vicryl suture.........

Dr. is wanting code 25609. If someone agrees, please explain. Also, I really appreciate all the help.
Shellip