• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

36216 & 36217

uhlerclarem

Networker
Best answers
When I check my Encoder on the above codes, it states "multiple procedure reductions guidelines apply". Does this mean that my payment for 36216 will be reduced if I bill with 36217? Does modifier 51 apply here? Thanks!!

kimcpccircc

Networker
Best answers
caths

36216 is for the initial second order and 36217 is for the initial 3rd order. 36218 is for any additional 2nd and 3rd order. If you have both of those you would code highest order 36217 and 36218.