Wiki 93288 Provider Signature alone to validate report to bill 26?

KUBACKIM

New
Best answers
Does a signature alone validate that the provider agrees with the computer generated report and therefore we can apply the 26 modifier? Or does the provider need to document and give their interpretation to bill for their service?

Thank you

Hi, I typically look for the physician to give me a brief statement about what the computer generated report revealed. The computer report is just a compilation of information retrieved from the device (how much battery life is left, any noted arrhythmias or events, etc.). The physician's "interpretation" is what that information reveals to the physician about that patient's pacemaker. It doesn't have to be a long - typically a statement of "normal pacer function" or "critical event noted - schedule programming eval" will suffice in my experience.

I hope that helps.

Kim
www.codingmastery.com

Hi, I typically look for the physician to give me a brief statement about what the computer generated report revealed. The computer report is just a compilation of information retrieved from the device (how much battery life is left, any noted arrhythmias or events, etc.). The physician's "interpretation" is what that information reveals to the physician about that patient's pacemaker. It doesn't have to be a long - typically a statement of "normal pacer function" or "critical event noted - schedule programming eval" will suffice in my experience.

I hope that helps.

Kim
www.codingmastery.com
Thank you. That is exactly what I thought