? 93925 & 93979 or just 93925 ?

TamaraM

Best answers
Would you bill 93925 & 93979 or just 93925?
I would like you opinion what you would. Also does any one have any good documentation regaurding when and when not to bill 93979?

exam: Bi Lwr Ext Art study

findings: arterial duplex doppler of both lower extremities was performed.

Right leg: Aortoilial inflow is normal. Triphasic waveforms are present down to the tibial vessels.

Left Leg:Aortoilial inflow is normal. Triphasic waveforms are present down to the tibial vessels.

Impression: Normal Arterial runoff

Tech worsheet that was given to us was for the Lower Ext Art. I believe that only proximal thigh Aortoiliac vessels were scanned & there is no mention of inflow/outflow.

**So what would you code?

Lamon Willis

Networker
Best answers
Bilateral Study

From the information you provided it would appear that only 93925 is appropriate for use and no other code.

jgf-CPC

Best answers
Where did you get the 93979 from? It is a unilateral or limited duplex scan of aorta, inferior vena cava, iliac vasculature, or bypass grafts. This is intra-abdominal or pelvic area. Do you have this confused with another code?

TamaraM

Best answers
I am from the radiology end.... the facilty has been billing 93925 & 93979. Where I have only been billing 93925. They state they us 93979 bc of the iliac vasculature-- (and it is not confused w/ any other code- but that is my point)... in my thought the iliac seen on a ext art is included in 93925- and in order to bill 93979 the would have to exam the iliac vessels in the intra-abdominal and/or pelvic tract.

Anyone know where I can find some doc. on this.

Last edited: