• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

94664 documentation - Was wondering if anyone had some

alincoln

Networker
Best answers
Was wondering if anyone had some info on the documentation requirements of 94664 - demo of inhaler/neb/MDI? Does the documentation need to be signed off on by the physician in the office or just documented by the medical assistant and signed/dated by the MA?

I was thinking something like this would be ok - opinions?
"John Doe Chart# 11111
3/27/12 John Doe was given a prescription with/without a sample of Advair 150/50 and albuterol rescue inhaler today. I showed the patient how to use these devices and demonstrated to him the proper technique for administering the mediciation. The patient demonstrated back to me that they had a clear understanding of how to use the medication. Signed by Medical Assistant 3/27/12"

Thoughts? Should it be signed by the physician in the office?

like2code

New
Best answers
94664 documentation

I believe it would be ok to have the MA sign off on the chart note and not have the physician sign. Look forward to reading other opinions.