Wiki A6212

codelady

Best answers
I hope someone can help? The doctor performs 28270 and 28222. They give the patient bandages to take home with them to "doctor" the wound. It would be A6212-A6, as they gave the patient 6 bandages.

Can you bill for that?

Thanks

I found the answer i was looking for. thanks

Last edited:
Only if the "bandages" are a foam dressing with adhesive border such as Polymem not just a regular band-aid. Most commercial payers will consider the bandages content of service. For Medicare patients you will have to have a DME contract, ID#, follow their guidelines and have a DME receipt signed by the patient in their file. According to Medicare guidelines you are allowed to dispense 12 bandages per wound per month. The A1-A9 modifiers are for the total number of wounds the patient has. If the patient has 9 or more wounds that need a surgical dressing then you use the A9 modifier and then in box 19 you enter the total number of wounds. For a great handout that goes over Medicare coverage requirements and documentation go to www.noridianmedicare.com click on Durable Medical Equipment click on Presentations under Training/Events. Click on view all under Presentations. Finally click on Surgical Dressings.