Wiki Accufill/replacement allograft bone graft for fixation

kpichon

Networker
Best answers
Can someone help me in how this would be coded. Hardware removal. Accufill was used in the treatment of the fracture. Op Report attached. Thank you

Attachments

• AAPCAccufill.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 4
Your code is still going to be 20680. There are codes for when the physician needs to obtain bone graft to be used during surgery, but not for injecting allograft material. I'm wondering how much time was spent uncovering the bone from the screw heads. Sometimes getting to these screws does not slow down the procedure much, and sometimes it really slows things down and it takes the surgeon a lot of extra time and effort to remove the bone so the hardware can be removed. Since your doctor did not elaborate I would assume that it did not take much more time and effort.

Your code is still going to be 20680. There are codes for when the physician needs to obtain bone graft to be used during surgery, but not for injecting allograft material. I'm wondering how much time was spent uncovering the bone from the screw heads. Sometimes getting to these screws does not slow down the procedure much, and sometimes it really slows things down and it takes the surgeon a lot of extra time and effort to remove the bone so the hardware can be removed. Since your doctor did not elaborate I would assume that it did not take much more time and effort.
Thank you so much!!