• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Additional Excisions during same DOS for MOHS

jharo1733

Networker
Best answers
For those of you who work in dermatology with a provider who performs MOHS surgeries, I have a question. How common or uncommon is it for a patient who is having a MOHS procedure to also have other lesions excised during the same DOS. The other lesions excised would be non-Mohs excision, i.e. CPT 11401-11406, 11600-11606, etc.

nkrush12

Contributor
Best answers
Additional excisions

We have it happen sometimes. What is more common is that patient will also be seeing one of our general dermatologists for their full body skin exam.

Regardless of the additional procedure, modifiers will be KEY! If you are doing additional excisions, I would use the "X" modifiers to indicate separate structure or physician.