• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ADHD visits

slik

Networker
Best answers
When you are coding the follow up visits for ADHD, with an evaluation & renewal of a prescription (same strength, same med) do you code a 99213 or 99214? I code pediatrics and the parent is always the historian - at least in part. Our DRs do not see pts w/o their guardians. What is your justification? Where do you find documentation on recurrent illnesses?

Thank you! :cool:

mitchellde

True Blue
Best answers
It is completely dependent on the individual physician documentation. There is no standard visit level for a given diagnosis, some will document only a level 2 others will document and justify a level 4 so it could really be any, it is just what is documented.

lburke31

Best answers
If you give me your fx #, i'll send you a continuum model for add. Have your office buy you the aap's "coding for pediatrics". It is a wonderful resource!
Ljb cpedc