• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

adminstration fee for injection


Best answers
Pt comes in for injection, but they bring their own medication how would you bill the ins or would you bill. We were submitting the claim with just the admin. fee (90772), but it is getting denied stating they need drug strength and dosage. It is medicare.

help please


Best answers
If you do not have documentation for the nurse visit (as I know our nurses usually to not document for injections) we bill the 90772 and then we have a code that we use for patients own meds (It's an internal code at our facility set up for this purpose) then we document the medication in Box 19 on the form. I don't know that you need the "internal code" but you could document on the claim form what meds were given without charging for it.