Wiki Advantages/Disadvantages of having a coding company or LLC

kishacajun

Networker
Best answers
Can someone pleas give me some information on this...I'm thinking about starting up my own Coding & Education business...I was advised by my accountant to get an LLC because I'll have a better outcome each year around tax time...Basically I'm getting hit now in taxes by working for 2 companies remotely...I've always wanted my own thing so I think now is the time...Are any coders available to tell me about having their own LLC and what that has done for them since having it as a Coder...thanks

Listen to your accountant! Or to an attorney. An LLC is not just about taxes but also about liability. There are advantages and disadvantages between an LLC and a C corp and Sole proprietorship. You need to know all the ins and outs.

Can someone pleas give me some information on this...I'm thinking about starting up my own Coding & Education business...I was advised by my accountant to get an LLC because I'll have a better outcome each year around tax time...Basically I'm getting hit now in taxes by working for 2 companies remotely...I've always wanted my own thing so I think now is the time...Are any coders available to tell me about having their own LLC and what that has done for them since having it as a Coder...thanks
Did you ever start up the llc? Any advice for those who are thinking of the same
Path? Thank you!