Question Allowed books CPC Exam

Best answers
I am taking CPC Certification Exam in March. Are you allowed to use medical terminology book and medical dictionary for exam?

ShayPaul

New
Best answers
I took the exam in December. The only books allowed were the IDC-10, CPT, and HCPCS as well as the printed copy of the ICD-10 guidelines pdf. No other books were permitted.

sls314

Networker
Best answers
According to AAPC website One reference of your choice. This does allow Medical Dictionary. I have attached document that explains guidelines for exam
As shown on the document that you posted, items 1, 2, and 3 are allowed at the CPC exam. All that you are permitted is the CPT, HCPC, and ICD-10 books.

No medical dictionary or other reference. I would strongly suggest that you prepare with that knowledge in mind. If you go into the exam assuming you can use a medical dictionary and not studying medical terminology, you will be causing unnecessary difficulty for yourself.

wisibyusha

Networker
Best answers
Hi, you can still use your ICD10 and HCPCS books to help you with anatomy, but you should get acquainted with your books ahead of time so that you don't waste your precious time looking for the pages. If you have hard time remembering some disease condition terminologies, check them on your icd10 index to disease section. Really, if we know our books thoroughly, the answers are there!

Mayzoo

Expert
Best answers
The only resources allowed on the CPC is the ICD-10 CM, CPT (AMA version), HCPCS, printed guidelines (if not in your ICD-10 CM) and a printed errata. You may make specific coding notes on the pages of your books. No other books, papers, worksheets, or notes will be allowed. My books were checked for loose papers within the pages as well.