Wiki anesthesia post op block question

melsalinas

Best answers
I have a doctor that gives a general to a patient for a modified radical mastectomy and does a paravertebral block on them for post op pain. I have heard of one or the other and the reasons why, but I am having trouble with medicare paying for them because they have a limited diagnosis list for this type of procedure. Do you think I can fight Medicare on these with my records to back it up? Or, should I not waste my time with it? My doctor is insisting on it and I have explained to him that it is not medically necessary to do these blocks. However, there are benefits to doing them. On the other hand, there are also negatives. Suggestions?????

Anesthesia post op block question

Hi Meldsalinas,

Go to the medicare.gov web site and click on FAQ, once there do a Search by typing in the words medically necessary, select Summary question Do I have other appeal rights?. There is an Appeal process you can go through and I would think if you have documentation for review of the anesthesia post op block then you never know what Medicare might do. Give it a try and keep me posted. If you have any problems just email me back.

happycoder07