Wiki Angioplasty of the aorta???

dphillips

Networker
Best answers
I have a doc that did an angioplasty of the aorta. would I have to code this with an unlisted code? I've never seen this before. See below.......

Attention was then turned to the abdominal aorta. The vessel was sized and a 12x40mm peripheral angioplasty balloon was advanced over a wholey wire to the level of the lesion. The balloon was then inflated to 8atm with good expansion noted under fluoroscopy. The balloon was removed and 5F contra catheter was re-inserted over the wholey wire proximal to the stenosis. There was near complete resolution of the previous 50mmHg gradient, down to 5mmHg at the end of the case. Final digital subtraction imaging showed no evidence of dissection or perforation and both wholey wires were removed

TIA,
Dawn Phillips CPC,CCC

37246? Transluminal balloon angioplasty (except lower extremity artery(ies) for occlusive disease, intracranial, coronary, pulmonary, or dialysis circuit), open or percutaneous, including all imaging and radiological supervision and interpretation necessary to perform the angioplasty within the same artery; initial artery