Wiki ASAP Can anyone point me in the right direction on my dx for the this senario?

darmandahl

Best answers
Case Scenario#1 Atrial Fibrillation - Cardiovascular Chief Complaint The patient is a 56 year old male with intermittent episodes of irregular heart beat that causes mild shortness of breath and a general sense of malaise, but no chest pain. He has been evaluated over the past year and has documented recurring episodes of atrial fibrillation recorded on a Holter monitor. He is being treated for ongoing benign hypertension with an ACE inhibitor. Questioning reveals that he has not been taking his medication as prescribed and more as he feels the need. On previous visits to this office related to his hypertension he continues to admit noncompliance.
History  The patient is otherwise in good health with no significant history of coronary atherosclerosis, angina or valvular disease. Assessment  Intermittent atrial fibrillation  Ongoing benign hypertension  Poor BP medication compliance

I came up with these but have since been told that Z91.14

I48.91; I10; Z91.14

Can anyone let me know if they think I should use....

Z91.19 instead of Z91.14 for the question listed? ASAP PLEASE

Last edited:
You need to use a code for the underdosing of the medication if the patient is not taking the medication or poisoning if they are taking more. For underdosing sequence the problem that is exacerbated first , so the atrial fib or HTN and the T code for the drug with the 6th character for underdosing then the Z91.128 for the intentional underdosing not Z91.4. For poisoning you sequence the T code for the drug first with 6th character for accidental poisoning first followed by the a fib and the HTN, no Z code.