Wiki Assessment

abayo

Best answers
Hello

I am a CPC-A and recently applied for a position at a local clinic. They had filled the position but were interested in screening me for something in their Compliance department. I'm not sure whether it's auditing related or compliance related, but I do know I have to take an assessment where I look over case studies. I'm not really sure what I should be brushing up on for this, whether it is guidelines or codes. If you guys have any suggestions I'd definitely be open to hearing about them. This is such a huge opportunity and I really want to do well.

Typically when it's an assessment, they want to verify that you can code the progress notes and select the appropriate CPT and DX code. They may ask you to use some sort of auditing tool such as a Marshfield form. I'm thinking for compliance, it maybe be reviewing a series of notes and determining copy and pasted notes or canned notes. This is very typical in an EHR (Electronic Health Record) and can be a huge flag for fraud and audits from payors. Utilize what you learned when preparing for your CPC. Know the CPT guidelines and the DX guidelines. All you can do is try your best.