Wiki Auditing Compliance Progam

cansas

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone have any guidance on forming an auditing compliance program for large organization? i.e. different specialties and different providers of the same specialty. I am attempting to present the need for a compliance program.

Thanks in advance

Compliance

The AAPC has a "Compliance Toolkit" on sale until 01/31/2012 for $169.00. I checked it out on line and am buying it. I hope this helps.

I have purchased the AAPC toolkit and was disappointed. If you are looking for HIPAA, OSHA & CLIA compliance, then this may be OK. If you are looking for OIG compliance - this is not the tool. The OIG standards deal with fraud and abuse. The AAPC toolkit deals with privacy and security of PHI. The biggest problem I had with the AAPC toolkit is the number of typos/misspellings and the fact that it looked like a bad photocopy job. I would have liked a digital copy of the forms within the toolkit.

Here is the OIG link for individual and small group practices that may be a good starting point. Keep in mind also, that you should include a coding component to your compliance plan to cover the "grey areas". This should include which set of guidelines are used for coding, a list of commonly used abbreviations/acronyms, and anything unique to the practice/specialty regarding coding.

Hope this helps!

Kathy