Wiki AWV via audio only during Covid PHE

lemorris

Networker
Best answers
I am looking for any guidance on billing for AWV done via telephone only. I have seen some info that CMS loosened the requirements during the Covid PHE to allow AWV via audio/visual, but nothing specific to audio only. Also has anyone seen guidance on if either of these scenarios would require the teleheath modifer?

Thank You - Lea M

Yes, Medicare is now allowing providers to perform AWV via audio only. POS 11, no modifier. Both G0438 & G0439 have been added to CMS's list of approved Telehealth codes and these fall into the allowable for audio only.

Yes, Medicare is now allowing providers to perform AWV via audio only. POS 11, no modifier. Both G0438 & G0439 have been added to CMS's list of approved Telehealth codes and these fall into the allowable for audio only.

Do you have any link you can provide for where you got this clarification? I can't find anything.

Do you have any link you can provide for where you got this clarification? I can't find anything.
If you go to the Knowledge Center on this site, look on the right hand side of the screen at the top, there is a search box. Type in the name of the article "Medicare Telehealth Coding as of April 30."
Scroll down to about the middle of the article and you'll see a snapshot of an Excel Spreadsheet. Look above that and you'll see a link to click on. This will provide you with a list of approved Telehealth services. The author added in an additional column (in gray) for those services that are now allowed for audio only. You'll see that G0438 & G0439 are included.

I hope this makes sense. I tried to just attach the link for you but it wouldn't let me.