• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Balloon dilation of sinus CPT 31297

jtb57chevy

Networker
Best answers
I've been asked to find out if CPT 31297 is billable from the office setting, place of service 11. One of the threads here indicated that a physician was billing and being paid for this procedure from an office setting, but the 2012 Procedural Coding Expert lists the code with a "G2" box, which states "non-office based surgical procedure........."

I don't code ENT so any help would be enormously appreciated!

Have a blessed day!

dimmitta

Guru
Best answers
We have been billing the 31295,31296,31297 balloon sinuplasty codes in office with place of service 11 for about 3 months or so, and we have been receiving payment. I don't know anything about a "G2" box as we don't use the Procedural Coding Expert as a resource in our department, but we did check with our payors before billing in office and they advised they would pay these when done in office.