Best place to search for insurance position or work from home position.

tlhansen

New
Best answers
I've been coding for OB/GYN for almost 5 years, prior to that I coded & billed for family practice for about 8 years. I also do surgery auths and several other duties.
I have a couple of questions.
Where is a good place to search for a position to work from home for coding and billing?
Which insurance companies let you work from home? I talk to a lot of insurance representatives for prior auths and several of them are working from home.
I live in WA and in a smaller county. I do not want to commute more than 20 minutes to work.
Any help or suggestions would be great!
Thank you!
Tracy

Personally, which companies "back in the day" did you build rapport with? I, personally, would start with those. Did you connect with anyone at BCBS, Health Partners, Ucare, Medica/UHC (United Health Care), Medicare, Preferred Health, Aetna, Cigna, Medicaid, VA or otherwise that you could reach out to? Find those medical facilities websites you can actually log on to and create an account and apply for a coding/billing position.
Please do not simply rely on such websites such as LinkedIn ~ for assistance. I have found it to be a "COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME" and will no longer respond to their their requests since I have not been actively searching for a new position for nearly a year from graduation through them.
I am unsure where you are located but also try Essentia Health - no guarantees but wanted to you to know that reviewing specific insurance carriers website versus the general jargon may provide additional additional resume results. They cover many states.
Just start searching insurance firms for the state and surrounding states and go from there.
I am confident with your experience and hope you will find something completely amazing!!!
Good Luck!
Dana Chock, RHIT, CPC, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB