Wiki Billing for 90837

Best answers
Hello,

I am wondering if I could receive some additional information on how this code should be billed? Providers are advising that this code is a code that shouldn't be only based on time and there elements need to be taken into consideration. If this is the case, what would those other elements be? My review shows that this is a time-based code.

This is strictly time-based. The only other element would be that it is individual and not family therapy. What other elements do they think need to be taken into consideration?

1620842431881.png

That is exactly my thought and I wanted confirmation before continuing. The provider didn't provide specific but stated, "this code is identified as code that should not only be based on time and other elements need to be taken into consideration." I was unable to find any other elements at all so your confirmation helped. Thank you.

If they believe they don't have to meet the time component, they are absolutely, 100%, wrong. I can't think of anything else they would be referring to.