Wiki Billing for Metered Dose Inhaler & Drug In Office

Best answers
Hello,

I code for a small pediatric clinic that is part of a larger FQHC facility (in case that makes a difference). Our pediatricians will on occasion give Flovent or Advair through a metered dose inhaler to a patient who is having asthma exacerbation. I have a few questions:

1. Is 94640 the correct CPT code to bill for this?

2. If 94640 is correct, is the drug included in the 94640 code? I've looked at the dosages for these drugs and they are all in mcg. I'm not finding a HCPCS code whose dosage is reported in mcg, only mg, which leads me to believe that MDE drugs are not reported?

3. The dosage is being documented as "3 puffs". Is this acceptable for an inhaler or do they need to be documenting the mcg given?

Our clinic used to do nebulizer treatments for asthma with Albuterol but now since COVID hit they've started to use inhalers and this is the first time I've seen inhalers in the office setting. I've studied multiple sources of information on this but can't seem to find anything about how to code the drug that's given through the inhaler or whether it is included in the E/M.