• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Billing Q0091

broo4909

Networker
Best answers
need Help

I have one question BCBS stated yesterday that when billing a wellness visit and a pap at the same time a modifer is needed on the wellness code. Can anyone help with this. this is what we bill out.

99395 (BCBS stating a modifer needs to be here to show the Q0091 was done
Q0091 at zero dollars

thanksi n advance

Lisa Bledsoe

True Blue
Best answers
I was not aware that Blue Cross even recognized Q0091. Question: does your office actually do the pathology to report 88142? Because that should only be reported by the lab/pathologist. Wouldn't you want to report 99000 to indicate you collected the pap and sent it to the lab? As for the modifier, most likely -25.

broo4909

Networker
Best answers
One of the girls in the office spoke with BCBS. I thought the only thing you could bill was

Wellness code

Thanks for that information I will start billing out 99000