Wiki Billing Ticket

Gemini18

Expert
Best answers
Hi -

I want to thank those who helped me with this matter. I have to explain myself further:

The billing ticket I needed for one of my coordinators who is going through hell with her physician. She sent me the ticket to see if it's compliant with CMS' rules, apparently it was not. The head of the dept wanted her to make it for his liking and don't want to hear about the rules and any "compliancy" gibberish (as he called it). The ticket has for ex: Int Adm 1 2 3 4 (yes, he has a 4), Obs 1 2 3, d/c 1 2 3 (yes, a 3). That's just a few to show you. Also, they use the same EXACT diagnoses codes everyday. They staple the tickets together, for example on one ticket it would have all the dx's, on another ticket it has see ticket #1 or sometimes nothing written on it, (he says "ANY MORON WOULD KNOW TO USE THE DX WRITTEN ON THE ORIGINAL TICKET". I feel so bad for her, she was in tears talking to me over the telephone. She asked me to call this physician to explain how he has to be complaint.

Well, I called yesterday twice and he hasn't returned my call. What do I do now?

Actually this is a difficult situation and I feel for you both. I was once involved in a situation that was similar, the physician didn't want to take the advice that was given regarding the superbill he used. They finally had to take the matter outside the facility to their consultant and legal department before he got the message.

Good luck!