Wiki Billing VSP

stonecm

Best answers
I am new to optometry/ophthalmology and I'm not sure exactly where to send the claims. A majority of the claims will be billed to VPS and I was told this is done online but after researching I only found 2 or 3 sites that said they are capable of submitting claims electronically to VPS. I was wondering if anyone else uses Eyefinity or OfficeMate to submit and if not is there another way of submitting electronically you recommend?

Also, any pointers for someone new to optometry/ophthalmology are greatly appreciated!!!
:-D

Thanks!

We tried and tried to get VSP to go through our clearinghouse (Availity/Realmed), with no success. We file claims one by one through Eyefinity. Also, their remits can't be imported electronically so this is one of the few that we have to hand-key remits for.

I don't recommend filing paper, either; they'll charge you a fee.

We have a few providers who are contracted with VSP and we bill electronically through Eyefinity and, no, you cannot get an 835 electronic remittance from them. There is a charge for contracted providers to bill on paper.
For the providers we have who are not contracted w/VSP, we cannot bill electronically, we have to bill on paper and there is no charge.
Karen Hill, CPC, CPMA

if you have a 10.2 version of officemate your billing to VSP should just be a click of a button once the ledger is completed and closed. I also know that you can hold the claims to be sent at the end of close, when you complete your end of day on officemate. Otherwise billing should always be completed on the eyefinity website. If you still have confusion Officemate has save webinars you can watch and listen to that answers all questions in regards to submitting claims directly through their system.