• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

bone lesion dx code help

laurabee

Networker
Best answers
I have a patient who underwent bilateral trochanteric nailing of both femurs because of patholgic lesions of the femur. I'm having a hard time finding the dx code for the bone lesions. Can anyone help me?

Frosty

Networker
Best answers
Looking up in the ICD-9 under "Lesion", then "bone", you'd get 733.90, which I think would work. Or maybe 733.99 if you actually know the problem, but it's not listed in ICD-9. If it's metastatic cancer, use 2ndary malignant neoplasm of bone (that is if it's documented in the op note). Also, are you using CPT 27187 or 27495 for prophylactic txmt-since there's not actually a fx?