Wiki Bringing prescription medicine to the CPB exam?

krwilson089

Best answers
Hi! I'm taking my CPB on 5/15, and I realized something maybe a bit too late--I have two prescriptions for Adderall, one for the morning and one to be taken a few hours after before the first wears off. I'm worried about losing the effects of my first dose in the middle of the exam and having to re-up--my ADD acting up is the last thing I need to happen during this exam. Especially since I have no work experience.I also have Ativan for my anxiety and, based on how my exam prep is going, am super worried about having an anxiety attack in the middle of the exam.

Has anyone here encountered this problem with your exam and what happened? It's cutting it too close to get a doctor's note, but I have my prescription information and an unfilled script I could bring to prove it's mine. I'll be calling AAPC in the morning, but was hoping someone here had some insight.
Thank you <3

To my knowledge, there's no restriction with regards to taking medication during your exam. You are allowed to bring in (quiet) snacks, so you could very easily take your medication at your seat during the exam, without leaving the room, if you choose. I don't believe you would need a doctor's note.

I just went yesterday and took my CPB exam. I had a couple of snacks with me and my water bottle, I don't think the proctors would say anything to you about taking any medication during the exam. You can also just get up and go to the bathroom when you need to so you could have your pill in your pocket, if you feel self-conscious about it. Good luck!