• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

CABG Composite Graft

cargo

Best answers
MD did a single-vessel coronary bypass graft to the RC using a composite of the RIMA and a (4cm) piece of saphenous vein because the RIMA wasn't long enough to reach the RC as a pedicle or the ascending aorta as a free graft. Basically, he sutured the proximal end of the RIMA to the side of the svg and then attached this composite graft to the RC and ascending aorta. I don't find this composite mentioned anywhere (other than in clinical literature). Am I looking at an unlisted code?

Thanks in Advance,
Carol Wright, CPC

jewlz0879

True Blue
Best answers
Did you take a look at 35681-35683? Those are for composite grafts. Unless, I'm on a different page (and without the report), I'm thinking possibly +35681.

Best answers
CABG Composite

I would disagree with 35681 - that is prosthetic and vein. the doc, as it was stated, did artery-vein. I found lots of codes with composites but they all seem to have prosthetic or synthetic.

I have an exact situation - and have yet to find an answer. Anyone else billed this before?

Thanks!
Helen