Wiki Cardiac Catheterization--Appending Multiple Anatomic Modifiers allowed for PCI codes (92920-92979) & (93571-93572) (LC, LD, LM, RC, RI)?

she803

Guru
Best answers
Good morning--I have a question regarding Cardiac Catheterization report for PCI procedures if appending multiple anatomic modifiers allowed (LC, LD, LM, RC, RI) for individual PCI codes when multiple arterial vessels are involved--the report is as follows:

Access: USG guided RCFA. Mild disease (<30% stenosis) in Right iliac/femoral artery on groin shot.

Findings:
Right dominant system

1) Mild-moderate diffuse disease in LM with up to 30% stenosis (no pressure dampening on cannulation with 6Fr CLS guide catheter)
2) Prox LAD 60% stenosis. 100% occlusion of small caliber Distal LAD (diameter <2.25mm).
3) Ostial LCX 85% eccentric stenosis
4) 45% stenosis in prox RCA. 75% stenosis in mid RCA.

Thanks in advance!

Right now, all I see is the findings of a coronary angio. Was anything done to these vessels? As to what I see, something could be done to the LD, The LC probably would get a stent and RC could get a stent in the mid RC.
Yes, the vessel modifiers would get attached to what intervention is documented. Need more information on what was done.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Right now, all I see is the findings of a coronary angio. Was anything done to these vessels? As to what I see, something could be done to the LD, The LC probably would get a stent and RC could get a stent in the mid RC.
Yes, the vessel modifiers would get attached to what intervention is documented. Need more information on what was done.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC
Thank you, Jim. I was wondering if we are allowed to append more than one anatomic modifier to PCI codes.