Wiki Change of companies with no new assess for insurance

laandre49

Best answers
Change of companies and using old company's assess

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew this answer. My office is being bought by another company as of Friday. We do not have any access to Comercial or Medicaid sites for verification or benefits with our new company. We were told to use our current information to assess these sites that are linked with the old company's NPI and TAX ID. Would this be a compliance issue or worse??? I'm very concerned.

Last edited:
Still would have questions

Is this a full asset merger with the new company assuming all assets and debts of your old company? Or are you still operating under your old name and are just affiliated with the new company? Is the new company applying for an NPI or possibly sent their application to the payers (commercial and government) and they have not received confirmation? These would need to be answered before knowing if using the old numbers are an issue, as this may be required. Our hospital is a good example - we recently became affiliated with a larger health network that has its own NPI and Tax ID but we still use our old one because this was not a full merger or acquisition - it was a new affiliation.

I hope that helps.

Lance