Wiki charging Office visit at same time of wound repair

kimb

Best answers
I was wanting to know if it is legal to charge an office visit with a wound repair when the only diagnosis is for the wound repair

Thanks

Remember that in order to report and E/M visit with a 25 modifier you need to have a significant, separately identifiable E/M service. Make sure your documentation support this.

Monika

I agree with Monika. Adding to that, I'd personally review the documentation, and if it's supported, bill an E/M with modifier 25 and the wound care.

Kris

e/m with a repair

Thanks for the info. I understand about using the mod 25 with the e/m service, but what the doctor was wanting to do was charge an e/m with a simple repair 12001 and the only diagnosis we had was for the wound, so I didn't think it was right to charge the e/m.

Kind of confused

kim

Same issues with simple repains and reporting e&m

I'm dealing with the same thing. I work in Urgent cares. A patient comes in and says they accidentally cut themselves. The doctor checks them over and all of that and decides they need a simple repair 12001. Would that call for an E&M and the repair code or is the E&M included in the simple repair code? Now if the patient complains of being dizzy, is that an automatic E&M? Does anyone have any good links that explains all the rules on this?