• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Code for Chart Review

dballard2004

True Blue
Best answers
Is there a CPT code that anyone knows of for a chart review that a physician performs without patient contact? How about a code for when a physician writes a letter to another physician concerning a patient? I say there are not codes for this, but I have doctors arguing with me saying that there has to be a code to cover the time they spend performing these services. I say no. Any insight?

4uicode

New
Best answers
hope it's helpful!

I just went through a similar situation with some of my docs.....there are no codes that can be billed for chart review, labs review all of that is inclusive of the e/m that is being billed.....and as far as the letter goes...if that letter was part of a consult that he already billed for that letter in the consult code....if it wasn't part of a consult then that too is inclusive of any e/m services or procedures that were performed.

sayachith

Contributor
Best answers
I too agree

I too agree there is no such code. I suggest next time show them the Cpt code book and let see what they come up with. :)