• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Coding DME Question

dmitan

New
Best answers
If you code any L codes like L3908 splint do you also charge for the application of the splint or does the application of splint only apply to Q codes such as Q4040?

dmaec

True Blue
Best answers
When I code the Lcodes - such as you specify - I do not code the Qcodes also. I do use the Qcodes when I have fracture treatment/cast/splint applications (as you stated) :)

{that's my opinion on the posted matter}

coder21

Guru
Best answers
Okay so when you use the L code L3908 do you use the application from the CPT book also.