• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Coding Fracture Care in an RHC Family Practice

cnramsey

Guru
Best answers
Hello,

I'm a coder in the state of WA for an RHC facility. It has been brought up that we may want to think about unbundling our fracture codes for our Medicaid and Medicare patients. Does anyone else do this and what is procedures? What about the difference in RVU's for the doctors? If this is your policy also how do you code your self pay patients? Any advice more than welcomed!

Thanks,
Nichole

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
Hello,

I'm a coder in the state of WA for an RHC facility. It has been brought up that we may want to think about unbundling our fracture codes for our Medicaid and Medicare patients.

Thanks,
Nichole
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you considering billing office visits rather than fracture care?

cnramsey

Guru
Best answers
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you considering billing office visits rather than fracture care?
We currently bill fracture care codes. But our billing department is questioning if we should be billing them as an office visit for our RHC encounter rates for our Medicaid and MDCR patients.

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
Strictly speaking, it's the physicians decision. The physician who is treating the fracture needs to make and document that decision. I'm not familiar with Rural Health and how that comes into play here.