Wiki Coding help

Best answers
I’m turning to this forum because I’m not sure what else to do. I think my coworker billed a 59400 incorrectly or falsely. Patient keeps calling asking questions that I don’t have the answers for. I have only been in OBGYN for 1.5 years and am not involved in posting hospital visits/ deliveries / surgeries. But my gut says it’s WRONG. Per documentation , the baby was delivered at home by the husband , EMS delivered the placenta, and the doctor of record in the practice performed a 2nd degree perennial laceration repair. This office saw the patient for all antepartum care , but NO postpartum care. Postpartum care was provided by a different office , where her antepartum care doctor transitioned to. The doctor who repaired the laceration did not provide any of the antepartum care. I have been scouring the coding manual for a repair code. But everything I’ve found , researched online stated the 2nd degree lacerations repair are included in delivery. But the doctor did not perform the delivery. Is there a procedure code for this scenario?

Hi, yes your doctor can bill 59300, episiotomy or vaginal repair by other than attending. Or possibly a repair code from 120x section, depending on documentation.

59300 -laceration repair, prenatal visits, hospital visits & discharge-not the global 59400