• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

coding injectables

ktuell

New
Best answers
I received information from an audio conference in April regarding proper documentation of injections It stated that the lot number is part of proper documentation. I am having trouble finding information on this can anyone help direct me thanks:

ktuell

New
Best answers
no the ndc number and lot number are different the LOT number is attached to that certain batch of medication from a certain manufacturer with expireration dates. Each batch has different lot numbers
the information from the audio conference which was wonder should I say
stated injections and Administration
Proper Route/Oral vs injected
Proper Documentation
-route (site)
-Amount
-Lot Number
_Vis ( this is usually for immunization)

thank you