• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Coding Question

Milwaukee WI
Best answers
Adjacent tissue transfer

Can you post the note? There are a couple of options depending on what was actually done.

Look at the adjacent tissue transfer code section of CPT (Integumentary section). These code include the removal or the "lesion" (a scar may be considered a lesion).

If a more extensive repair was required then look in the Eye surgery section of CPT for the excision and repair of eyelid.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
Last edited: