• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Confused=mdm

veloso

Guru
Best answers
How MANY points if I have ;
=2 established PROBLEMS that is STABLE
=and =
=1 established PROLEM that is WORSENING

My confusion is in the Number of Diagnosis or Treatment Options for ESTABLISHED PROBLEMS? if it would be an Extensive for Table A (total of 4) based on the above example that is;
= 2 for Established that is Stable
= PLUS=
=2 for Established that is WORSENING

I hope I did my right Math here,thanks again.

KMECCA74

Best answers
That is correct, 4 total points with the worse (2) for just that and 1 each for stable

veloso

Guru
Best answers
OMG, I can't BELIEVED that I'm understanding and doing the RIGHT THING ,thank you very much KMECCA for YOUR help and I'm building up my confidence "little by little" to follow E/M and more power to this OPEN FORUM.