Wiki Conjunctivoplasty to correct ectropion w/full thickness lid shortening for retraction

ccaldewey

Networker
Best answers
Can you please help me determine how to code this report?
"Left/right lower lid full thickness shortening for correction retraction and left/right conjuctivoplasty to correct ectropion."
After prep "...Attention was then turned to the rt lower lid first. A #15 blade was then used to make an incision along the lateral canthus. Wesctott scissors were used to perform a lateral canthotomy and inferior cantholysis. A tarsal tongue was then fashioned from the lateral aspect of the tarsus. At this point a diamond of conjunctiva and lower lid retractors was excised from the lower punctum. Hemostatis was obtained. The lower punctum was dilated and a one snip of punctoplasty performed. The conjunctivoplasty was completed with a cruciate suture of 6-0 plain gut. The tarsal tongue was fastened to the periosteum of the lateral orbital rim with a 5-0 polysorb suture..." The procedure was repeated on the left side.
Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide!
Carrie

Consider these codes

I am not an authority but I would consider the codes of 68320, 67917, and 67935. I think the procedures of conjuncitivoplasty should be reference first then extensive and the procedures on the eyelids for reconstruction of blepharoplasty,may fully describe this event. Hope it helps. :)