Wiki CPC-A seeking medical coding experience in Seattle, WA or remote

amandawez

New
Best answers
Hello,

My name is Amanda and I am a recently certified CPC-A seeking my first employment opportunity as a medical coder. I made the decision to transition to this career path after nearly ten years in a fast-paced digital marketing environment. I am truly driven to become a medical coder, as represented by my completion of the CPC course and passing score of 94% on the CPC exam. I am currently enrolled in Practicode and will be able to remove my 'A' designation upon completion.

I am currently seeking entry level coding opportunities in Seattle, WA or remote. I am also interested in other positions in the Seattle area through which I can gain experience in a medical environment. If you are looking for an avid learner who is detail-oriented, professional, collaborative, and enthusiastic, please reach out to me with any opportunities you may have.

Thank you,
Amanda Morris
mandaloumorris@gmail.com

Last edited:
If you do not have a chapter affiliation yet check out the Everett Chapter. Or post this to the Local Chapter forum for Everett. If you do not have a chapter affiliation yet check out the Everett Chapter. They also have a Facebook page with some job postings. Or post this to the Local Chapter forum for Everett.

Hi Amanda
Here are some hiring tips .....
Try to find out who the coding manager at each hospital or medical center or urgent care or insurance company where you live at . Then send them an email or direct letter with your resume explaining ready to be hired, Etc. Sometimes it is slow depends on Human Resources Dept. or their current budget. Try to send a message to Linked In professionals too. Find out the closest AAPC meetings in your area then attend & network. Next if that does not work...try get billing job then work into coding department later. One more tip go the Human Resouces Dept where you like to work dressed properly with resume and online application in hand. I did that 2 times to get a medical coding job. Also if get interview send thank you card later.
You can contact me for help I use to teach ions ago and still working as coder. I love CODING..patients telling their medical stories!!
Good Luck!
Lady T

Hello,

My name is Amanda and I am a recently certified CPC-A seeking my first employment opportunity as a medical coder. I made the decision to transition to this career path after nearly ten years in a fast-paced digital marketing environment. I am truly driven to become a medical coder, as represented by my completion of the CPC course and passing score of 94% on the CPC exam. I am currently enrolled in Practicode and will be able to remove my 'A' designation upon completion.

I am currently seeking entry level coding opportunities in Seattle, WA or remote. I am also interested in other positions in the Seattle area through which I can gain experience in a medical environment. If you are looking for an avid learner who is detail-oriented, professional, collaborative, and enthusiastic, please reach out to me with any opportunities you may have.

Thank you,
Amanda Morris
mandaloumorris@gmail.com
Are you still looking for the job? If so please send me your resume to indu.prabhu10607@gmail.com. Thanks

If you do not have a chapter affiliation yet check out the Everett Chapter. Or post this to the Local Chapter forum for Everett. If you do not have a chapter affiliation yet check out the Everett Chapter. They also have a Facebook page with some job postings. Or post this to the Local Chapter forum for Everett.
Thank you so much! I have now joined the Everett chapter page and plan on attending the chapter meetings :)

Hi Amanda
Here are some hiring tips .....
Try to find out who the coding manager at each hospital or medical center or urgent care or insurance company where you live at . Then send them an email or direct letter with your resume explaining ready to be hired, Etc. Sometimes it is slow depends on Human Resources Dept. or their current budget. Try to send a message to Linked In professionals too. Find out the closest AAPC meetings in your area then attend & network. Next if that does not work...try get billing job then work into coding department later. One more tip go the Human Resouces Dept where you like to work dressed properly with resume and online application in hand. I did that 2 times to get a medical coding job. Also if get interview send thank you card later.
You can contact me for help I use to teach ions ago and still working as coder. I love CODING..patients telling their medical stories!!
Good Luck!
Lady T
Thank you so much! These are great tips and I will be using them in my search. It's awesome to hear your enthusiasm for coding. I've really loved learning it and can't wait to put it into practice!

Hi Amanda:)
I hope you get a job coding...it is so interesting and rewarding. If you have any questions about coding certain scenarios let me know. Well anyone here will help you. Good luck!
My girlfriend was looking for a job after she had her baby (baby was 2 years old now) and she was a certified public accounting in which a headhunter gave her those tips.
Take Care(y)

Lady T;)