CPC / CPB bundle certification course and exam guidance

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
C
In order to keep our heart patients out of the hospital setting due to COVID-19 our Cardiology practice is looking to have OP Diuretic intravenous therapy infusions performed.
would 96365 along with the drug code be the correct code for the professional billing?

Jejohnson

New
Best answers
Good afternoon,
I am a new member to your chapter as well as AAPC for the certifications CPB & CPC. I have been in some form of medical field for 20+ years and eventually worked my way to billing and coding multi specialties to include Anesthesia/pain mgm,Radiology,Orthopeadic,Nephrology,Hospice, Pediatric Urgent Care . . . for a total of about 5+ years. I recently purchased the CPC & CPB bundle package and I am looking for suggestions on how to coordinate my assignments in order to effectively get both courses in and take each test before they expire March 2021. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to meeting each of you! - Thank you in advance - Jennifer Johnson

itsbtho

New
Best answers
Hello.. I'm in a similar boat and was also curious about what others have done. Purchased CPC package at the end of February and divvied up the work based on completing 1 or 2 chapters per week. I wrote prospective due dates in my calendar to stay on track so that I can hopefully finish the coursework by the end of June (which is my 4 month mark). I tried getting 2 chapters done/week at the beginning so that after a few weeks I could decrease the workload to 1 chapter per week. So far so good..

pmpaleja

Networker
Best answers
If you need guidance about how to pass CPC, you can write to me at pmpaleja@gmail.com. If you plan your preparation, i.e. at least 1.5 hours on daily basis, it would not take more than 2 months to clear CPC in first attempt. There are certain strategies you need to follow that's all.

rboskey1

New
Best answers
Hello, I passed my online exam prep. Because of covid there aren't any test in NY. Furthermore there are test that are online but only for coding. I took the CPB course. Any advise? I'm worried about too much time passing. Thank you.