Question CPC EXAM

karenp@nqfp.com

Networker
Best answers
I don't believe so. Justin, the AAPC Career Counselor/Team Lead that I was working with, suggested I schedule an exam for December in case I failed my exam on November 16 (that I'm happy to report I did not fail :)).

karenp@nqfp.com

Networker
Best answers
I took my exam again last Saturday in Gainesville. I think I did better, they just received it yesterday, so we will see. It was the only thing I wished for this Christmas, to pass my CPC exam! Wish me luck:)
If you think you did better, I bet you did! Can't wait to hear the results!!

Best answers
Very, very nervous. I'm waiting on pins and needles for my results. It was my first time taking the CPC cert exam on December 28th in Upland, Pa.

Best answers
Thanks for responding. I think I failed but I'm glad that I finally put feet to pavement and took the first step. I'm glad we get TWO chances to take the exam.

Pathos

True Blue
Best answers
Thanks for responding. I think I failed but I'm glad that I finally put feet to pavement and took the first step. I'm glad we get TWO chances to take the exam.
If your score was less than 70%, then you did fail. However, you should have one free exam retake. I would recommend scheduling it as soon as possible, so you will retain your learning and preparation. When you get your results back, focus on the areas you didn't do too well in, but don't neglect the other areas. I have heard stories of people who exclusively studied on their the areas they struggled in, but had lower scores in the areas they previously did well in. Ultimately, some of these people still failed and had to get a new packet or decided that they were done with exams.

I failed on my first attempt due to a stupid mistake, but passed on my 2nd go. 1st exam was in September, and took my 2nd exam in December. I think that was good to keep them close together.

Best of luck!

Jennikate

Networker
Best answers
A year from date of first exam. I recommend retaking sooner rather than later. I took mine july of 19 and again in Dec of 19 Passed it that time. hope this helps.

Best answers
If your score was less than 70%, then you did fail. However, you should have one free exam retake. I would recommend scheduling it as soon as possible, so you will retain your learning and preparation. When you get your results back, focus on the areas you didn't do too well in, but don't neglect the other areas. I have heard stories of people who exclusively studied on their the areas they struggled in, but had lower scores in the areas they previously did well in. Ultimately, some of these people still failed and had to get a new packet or decided that they were done with exams.

I failed on my first attempt due to a stupid mistake, but passed on my 2nd go. 1st exam was in September, and took my 2nd exam in December. I think that was good to keep them close together.

Best of luck!
Hi
I failed my exam twice, can you tell me what strategies you changed for exam prep , as you cleared your exam in second attempt.
thank you!

Pathos

True Blue
Best answers
I ran out of time due to writing on my exam booklet and not the answer sheet as I progressed. I got a high 40% because of that.
Instead I switched to writing in the exam booklet AND bubbling the answer on the answer sheet. This enabled me to actually get all of my answers scored and I thereby passed.

In general terms, if you failed your exam. go back and look at your error rate and focus on the areas you missed. That being said, do not neglect the other areas you did do well, as this is a common mistake that often will result in another fail. As a new coder, you will need to be pretty well rounded in all areas and aspects of coding.

Hope that helps, and best of luck!