Wiki CPC with 8+years experience in Orthopedics

sdomel159

Networker
Best answers
My name is Sharon Andrews. I am currently looking for an opportunity to work for physician(s) office in Williamson County, Texas. I have several years of experience in Orthopedics, however, would be open to learning another specialty. I am a hard worker, detail oriented, good communicator with coworkers and physicians. I take pride in a job well done. I believe it takes a team effort to make any office successful.
My resume is below. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sharon N. Andrews, CPC, CEMC
e-mail : sharonandrews724@yahoo.com Work Experience

12/13/2004 to 12/13/2009 Coder/Team Leader
Texas Orthopedics, Sports and Rehabilitation Associates
4700 Seton Center Parkway
Austin, TX 78759
512-439-1000
Supervisor: Twyla Fuertes

My job duties included the following: coding surgeries using the operative report and charge tickets provided by the physicians, ensuring proper linkage of ICD-9 and CPT codes, inputting charges for the physician and physician assistants, and pre-coding surgeries for authorizations and estimates. I also obtained patient information from physicians and/or hospitals regarding services for ER or inpatient patients, verified their benefits and built patient accounts as needed. Furthermore, I assisted patient account representatives and clinic staff with coding and error resolution. Finally, I performed audits of evaluation and management and physical therapy documentation for each physician and/or therapist to ensure compliance. My job required extensive knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding, medical terminology, anatomy, and coding requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Comp, and other commercial insurance carriers. In September 2009 I was promoted to Team Leader in the business office. My responsibilities expanded to include setting daily goals and working with co-workers to achieve those goals, assisting with closing days and filing claims. I also worked closely with my supervisor on a daily basis to assist in any capacity. I left Texas Orthopedics on good terms to pursue my passion in ministry. However, I am a coder at heart and miss the daily challenges of coding.

10/08/2001 to 12/01/2004 Coder
Muskogee Bone and Joint & Sports Medicine Clinic
209 S 36th St
Muskogee, OK 74401
918-682-7717
Supervisor: Katrina McCroskey

I worked in the bookkeeping department as a coder. My job duties include the following: pre-audit medical records to ensure accuracy of Evaluation and Management code selection for four physicians, assign diagnosis code(s) for each patient visit, code minor surgeries, and stay informed regarding code changes along with Medicare policies. I also communicated with the physicians and staff regarding documentation requirements, non-covered procedures, cash estimates for procedures, and coding issues. Furthermore, I posted charges to patient accounts, ensured dictation was done for each visit, and followed up on denied claims when coding may be the cause. Finally, I served as a back up to the patient relations coordinator (scheduling diagnostic tests, surgeries, referrals.) I also helped post payments from insurance companies and patients, answered phones and checked in patients. I enjoyed being challenged with multiple duties on a daily basis.

Academic Qualification
•• Temple Jr College
Basics 1991-1993
• Jarrell High School
High School Diploma 1991
Professional Certifications
• AAPC Certification
CPC & CEMC
Personal References
Twyla Fuertes 512-439-1020
Katrina McCroskey 918-682-7717
Rosanne Capdeville 512-863-3065