• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

critical care

sam_son

Networker
Best answers
hai
could any one clarify me, while we using 99291 & 99292 , if any separately identifying procedure is done we are using modifier 25 with 99291 , do we need to use/link modifier 25 again with 99292.
Regards
Samson

sam_son

Networker
Best answers
thank you for your reply , could i get any documentation for this ?
regards
samson

renifejn

Guru
Best answers
Some services are reported as add-on codes (99292), which describe work done in addition to primary procedures. Add-on codes are not stand-alone codes, and must always be reported with primary procedures. When correct coding indicates the use of a modifier is appropriate for the primary code, that modifier must be appended to both the primary code and add-on code.

Best answers
pls don't use -25 w/99292
-25 is added to 99291 & pls see crit care guidelines for which procedures are already bundled into the crit care E/M codes

Some services are reported as add-on codes (99292), which describe work done in addition to primary procedures. Add-on codes are not stand-alone codes, and must always be reported with primary procedures. When correct coding indicates the use of a modifier is appropriate for the primary code, that modifier must be appended to both the primary code and add-on code.

sam_son

Networker
Best answers
Hay guys
please give me a solution one saying to use and other saying not to use, please guide me
regards
samson

Best answers
We use -25 on 99292

It may seem evident that you shouldn't need it, but the hard reality is that the carriers sometimes won't pay without it.

We use the -25 on both the 99291 and 99292 when there's a separately identifiable procedure from the critical care, and we get paid.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M