Wiki CUC Exam

Best answers
Hi,

Has anyone taken the CUC exam? If so, can you tell me the APPROXIMATE number of questions related to coding an E/M, as opposed to strict urology coding (of the 150 questions)

Here are some answers listed in the practicum. I am wondering if there are questions that look like this on the test--if I have to concentrate harder on this aspect??? Thanks!

Question 2
What is the level of history?
A. Problem focused
B. Expanded problem focused
C. Detailed
D. Comprehensive

Question 3
Based on the '95 Documentation Guidelines, what is the level of exam?
A. Problem focused
B. Expanded problem focused
C. Detailed
D. Comprehensive

E/M applies to ALL

The only specialty exam I've taken in the CEMC ... but E/M coding is relevant to every specialty. So I'd make sure I understand the basics.

Good luck on the exam.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I'm new to responding to this forum but I took the CUC exam on March 20, 10 and it was HARD. I've been in urology for 9 yrs now but it was hard! I still don't know if I've passed or not. Last Friday it told me I had failed and I printed out the page from this site that told me my grade and what I needed to work on but Monday when I logged on it said my test was still Pending? So I called AAPC and spoke to someone and she told me my test had not been graded. So I don't know what's going on. But anyway the test was pretty hard.

Wendy R. Weaver, CPC
Office Manager
Urology Clinic of South Alabama, LLC