dates of service for radiology

raechelz

Contributor
Best answers
May I ask if for the professional component you are using the date of the reading or the date the film was taken? I am hearing conflicting reports.

Thank you!

Raechel

m.j.kummer

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Medicare changed the date of service for Radiology interpretations from the date the technical component is performed, to the date the interpretation is read. However they later rescinded it and I have not seen anything on it since.

I use what ever the signature date is on the interpretation report.

raechelz

Contributor
Best answers
Thank you for your response. I have been asking Trailblazer's the answer to this question and so far they are unable to tell me. I have been pushed to Tier 3 and they have 25 days to contact me.

Do your physicians always sign on the date that they read the report? I know mine will sign Friday's on Monday.

raechelz

Contributor
Best answers
Just a heads up I am still researching this. I have Trailblazer's telling me they have had the policy of billing date of interpretation since 2006. ACR is looking into it and CMS is looking into it as well. I will post the answer in case anyone is interested.

I am really scared that when I posted the question more people are unable to answer this question. I think most are not confident in what to use.

Raechelz