• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

dermabond 2nd request on answer

Best answers
I bill WC Indiana if a patient comes in for a wound repair and we use 3 bottles/tubes of Dermabond ONLY no sutures for the closure can i bill Dermabond x _______ if so should a modifier be used if so which one-

I hope someone can help me I posted this question few weeks back and noone replied thank u melissa

coderchick

Best answers
Hi! per the CPT guideline for repair closure:
"Use the codes in this section to designate wound closure utilizing staples, or tissue adhesives, either singly or in combination with each other,
Dermabond is a tissue adhesive so you would code using the CPT repair code along with your E/M with mod 25 attached to your E/M :)