Wiki dislocation shoulder

cathyflower

Networker
Best answers
Patient comes in with anterior dislocation of shoulder and moderate sedation both done by the er physician do you bill 23650 or 23655 the one requiring anesthesia. i was told at one time that 23655 was the one when the patient was taken to the o.r ??? thanks Cathy

re shoulder dislocation

unless patient goes to er you would never code a procedure with anesthesia it would always be without

P

Dislocation

Sorry, i need you to clarify...If the patient comes to the er seen by er doctor he does the dislocation with moderation sedation do you bill the 23650 without anesthesia or the 23655 with anesthesia.. I thought 23655 was only if the patient had the reduction under anesthesia in the OR??

Sorry, i need you to clarify...If the patient comes to the er seen by er doctor he does the dislocation with moderation sedation do you bill the 23650 without anesthesia or the 23655 with anesthesia.. I thought 23655 was only if the patient had the reduction under anesthesia in the OR??

it is 23650

Any orthopedic code that says "with anesthesia" means general anesthesia in the OR.

Diana

Moderate Sedation

Look at code 99144 - but remember that the physician performing the manipulation is also the physician who administers the conscious sedation. There must be someone else present who just monitors the patient for level of consciousness and physiological status.

Hope this helps...